Gov. Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-20 has extended the closure of libraries (and other entities) until April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Acting under the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and Michigan law, I order the following:
- Beginning as soon as possible but no later than March 22, 2020 at 9:00 am, and continuing until April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm, the following places of public accommodation are closed to ingress, egress, use, and occupancy by members of the public:
- Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption;
- Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, special licensees, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption;
- Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on-premises consumption;
- Theaters, cinemas, and indoor and outdoor performance venues;
- Libraries and museums;
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and facilities offering non-essential personal care services;
- Casinos licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board, racetracks licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board, and Millionaire Parties licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board; and
- Places of public amusement not otherwise listed above.
Here’s a link to the order: